We are pleased to announce that the latest firmware for the Foscam FI9801W & FI9802W is available for download.
The direct download link is http://foscam-uk.com/download/Firmware/ForH.264/FI9801&02W-188.8.131.52-20130225.zipBefore upgrading the firmware, please read the file named "Upgrade Guidance For FI9801W FI9802W".To upgrade successfully, please follow the steps below:
1). Plug in the Ethernet cable to upgrade firmware. Never upgrade firmware over a wireless connection.
2). Keep the camera plugged in with the power supply during the firmware upgrade.
3). The browser plug-in will also upgrade when you login to the camera again after upgrading successfully.
4). The correct firmware version after upgrading should read as follows under the "Device Information" tab within "Settings":
System Firmware Version: 184.108.40.206
App Firmware Version: 220.127.116.11
Web Version: 18.104.22.168
Plug-In Version: 22.214.171.124
5). After upgrading, we ask that you restore factory settings on the camera, as some default factory settings and new settings may not work properly without doing this.
6). If you believe you are experiencing any issues, we also recommend deleting the browser plug-in you have installed, then re-installing it from the camera again.New features and bugs fixed:
1) Fixed the bug that the media port lost sometimes;
2) Fixed the bug that the playback speed of recording is incorrect, the audio and video are not synchronized;
3) Add the feature that display the wireless settings even reboot camera;
4) Fixed the bug of the timestamp/OSD format on the video is incorrect;
5) Fixed the bug that login as operator/visitor can see camera status if didn't install plugin;
6) Fixed the issue that the iOS email server cannot see alarm pictures;
7) Fixed the bug that the OSD on alarm images won't change;
8) Change the interval of alarm pictures to 1 second;
9) Add camera name and alarm time on the alarm email title, prevent alarm emails to spam;
10) Fixed the bug that FTP does not close connection after upload images;
11) Support scanning max 100 wifi signals and show them in the wifi list, SSID will be list according to the signal strength;
12) Fixed the issue that the VLC cannot play the recordings;
13) Adjust some picture parameters, make the picture more clear;
14) Improved the algorithm for motion detection, reduce the false alarms, improved the sensitivity to detect small object when select all the alarm area;
15) Changed the default code stream to 4M, improved the motion picture quality;
16) Add support to get MJPEG stream by URL directly;
17) Add support to get JPG pictures by a snapshot CGI;
18) Change the default foscam ddns settings to disable;
19)Delete the default operator and visitor;
20)Fixed the bug that the configure files will not change even change the recording path manually;
21)Fixed the bug can not set detection area on Mac OS version 10.8;
22)Adjust the sensor parameters, improve the video quality;
23)Fixed the bug that video and audio will not Sync if turn on/off audio when do recording.
We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. If you'd like to leave further comments and feedback for the FI9801W & FI9802W, please feel free to let us know.
Foscam R&D team will continue to fix existing issues and will also try adding some new functions to the camera in the future.